cutting won't work

Begonnen von marcus, Oktober 11, 2010, 01:13:19

« vorheriges - nächstes »

marcus

Hi,
I'm on 30day trial [v. 1.0.67 ]. Very happy about the program, but cannot get this type of files cut[attachm. 1].When analysis is finished I press "prepare cutting".  It opens cutting window . Video preview window is black, when I try to change "begin at " or "end at"[because it doesn't allow me to change anything else ]  it says "creating screenshots" and it lasts forever , so I try to close it, but the only way I can do it is through task manager.
I can still cut with Raw cutter btw.
I am new to filters, decoders, etc.  Could you tell me please how to set up preview preferences for this purpose : how to adjust default MPEG splitter, default video filter parameters, whether I have to put that tick, etc...I would appreciate your help.
P.s. or maybe to try new beta version?

Cypheros

Hi,

first you should make sure that you have a DirectShow compatible video filter (decoder). If not just install the open source filter pack ffdshow. You can download and install the filters in the preferences under Download Addons / ffdshow.

After installation of ffdshow, close the preferences window then reopen it and under Preview set the filters the way you see on the attached image.

Now the preview should work.

chris

marcus, fyi: If you are in possession of Cyberlink's PowerDVD (version 8 and higher) you might want to give it a try using those filters since its also possible to use them for TS Doctor, and I have to admit, they work quite perfect for previewing, both - SD and HD filters are available if you install PowerDVD. Also the recommended (and I think included as well) package Haali Media Splitter along with ffdshow are kind of basic requirements you should go for when dealing with high definition material.

Furthermore you might be interested in decreasing the preview image quality in TS Doctor settings to shorten the screenshot creation time which, I have to say, also is based on the movies length.
TeVii S464 & DVB-Viewer & TS Doctor :)

marcus

thank you both, good stuff. it's working now

atlan

Hi Chris,

can you show me a attached image about the filters of Power-DVD9.
You whrite that works better than the filters from ffshow.
m.f.G.

atlan

www.cypheros.de