Can't upgrade or uninstall version 1.0.71

Begonnen von Prasmus, Dezember 01, 2010, 18:04:10

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Prasmus

Hi,

Taking my problem here (from networkedmediatank.com).

My first problem was that the automatic upgrade function in TS-Doctor stopped working, so for a couple of versions I had to download the new version and then install it on top of the old one.

Then, when I wanted to upgrade 1.0.71 with 1.0.73 I got the message "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.".

Then I tried to just uninstall 1.0.71 so I could do a clean new installing of 1.0.73 but when trying to uninstall I just get the same message as above ""There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.".

I dosn't matter if I try to uninstall via the Programs->TSDoctor->Unistall TSDoctor or via the control panel add/delete programs, the result is the same.

When uninstalling via the control panel it states that it's version 1.00.69 it will uninstall but running TS-Doctor it says it's 1.00.71 so the TS-Doctor installer has at some point messed something up on my system...

What should I do / try ?

Prasmus

Cypheros

Hi,

it seams that there are sometimes problems with the windows installer. Try to use the InstChecker to pinpoint the problem. If the TS-Doctor FileSource is not registered, try to register it and then try the update/uninstall procedure.
If you find no solution, post the log of the InstChecker!

Prasmus

Hi,

Thanks that helped a lot.
Used the InstChecker to register TS-Doctor FileSource and then uninstalling the old TS-Doctor worked fine. Installing the new beta without any problems afterwards.

Next is a question out of the topic/subject, just say if I should start a new subject for it!

What is "Use TS Doctor Filesource" for (under settings->Preview ?). I have searched a little for the topic but didn't find the information.
When I enable it, my preview stops working so I haven't been using it but I'm curious. Am I missing something, a driver or codec or what ?

I'm using XP with Haali and ffdshow installed.

Prasmus

Xa89

I'm using TS Doctor Filesource for "Open multiple files".

Cypheros

The TS-Doctor FileSource is a file filter that opens a single file or a group of files (multi files/splitted recordings) and make sure that the packets fed into the DirectShow filter chain are always consistent and correct. Illegal packets are skipped and the stream will be synchonized after a stream error.

But the TS-Doctor FileSource needs a demuxer afterwards. Sometimes Windows fails to select the best demuxer/splitter so you have to force the TS-Doctor to select a special one. If you use the TS-Doctor FileSource it's recommended to select the Haali Splitter as the default Mpeg splitter, too.

Prasmus

Thanks again.

Ok have tried TS-Doctor FileSource and forced Haali as spiltter and the preview worked fine now.
Only annoying thing was that the preview from time to time flashed between two different frames (without me navigating) making the displayed flicker a lot. But this was not the TS-Doctor FileSource that did that as the preview still did the same after just disabling TS-Doctor FileSource so it must be by forcing haali as the splitter or the ffdshow as codecs.
I have gone back to normal with the defaults in all preview fields and not using TS-Doctor FileSource, as I didn't see TS-Doctor as more stable with the TS-Doctor FileSource enabled (as I was hoping it would be). I have no need for multiple files support for now so it doesn't matter.

rogopag

hi,
I have the same problem of Prasmus: i can't unistall or upgrade version 1.0.67 (even if when i launch ts doctor it say version 1.0.70 but the changes log stops at 1.0.62) to 1.0.70:"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor". I can install old version (1.0.58-1.062) but not 1.070-1.075.I have used Instcheck but I can't use the option "register Ts doctor file source"; this is the log of the InstChecker:
DirectX: 9.0c
Registry TSD version type: VO1
Registry TSD path: C:\Programmi\Cypheros\TSDoctor\
TS Doctor Filesource [Registered]
C:\Programmi\Cypheros\TSDoctor\TSDoctorsource.ax

License.rtf (CRC = 0000D152) [5727 bytes]
Manual.pdf (CRC = 00085203) [480415 bytes]
Release.txt (CRC = 0000BF04) [1506 bytes]
SetupPlugins.exe (CRC = 00147155) [1290752 bytes]
TSDoctor.exe (CRC = 001AC8FF) [1755136 bytes]
TSDoctorsource.ax (CRC = 000A149C) [598528 bytes]
tsmuxer.exe (CRC = 00040C41) [226816 bytes]

1. Version: 1.0.67
   Install date: 20100927
   Install source: C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\IMPOST~1\Temp\
   Install location:
   Uninstall: MsiExec.exe /X{3914817F-148A-4DD2-B4B1-9D19C562A5A0}

Thanks in advance

Cypheros

Hi,

you don't need to register TSDoctorFileSource because it's already registered:
Registry TSD path: C:\Programmi\Cypheros\TSDoctor\TS Doctor Filesource [Registered]

Use the Windows uninstall function of the TS-Doctor or execute "MsiExec.exe /X{3914817F-148A-4DD2-B4B1-9D19C562A5A0}" and the old installation of version 1.0.67 should be gone and you are free to install any version you want. Settings and license file will not be deleted by this procedure and you still have a full licensed version.

rogopag

Hi Cypheros,
the problem is that if I try to unistall Ts doctor by the Windows uninstall function it asks me: " The featuring you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" and I can't find on my PC the file "MsiExec.exe /X{3914817F-148A-4DD2-B4B1-9D19C562A5A0}". Could you send me the old TS doctor 1.0.67 (or a link to download it) to try to repair/remove by program setup or another help to resolve the problem? If I format my PC I need another Ts doctor license or I use the same?
Thanks

Cypheros

Hi,

the TS-Doctor license is not bound to your PC or your hardware. You can format your disk or whatever and the use the old license file on the new installation. But don't go this way at this point. I think we can find a better solution.

MsiExec.exe /X{3914817F-148A-4DD2-B4B1-9D19C562A5A0} is not a program it's a command with a parameter. Use the "Run" function of the Windows "Start" button (see attached image)

If this is not working then I will send you the 1.0.67 setup file.

rogopag

Hi Cypheros,
nothing, same result: Windows installer-" The featuring you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"......... :'(

Thanks

Cypheros

rogopag

OK! Now I have Ts doctor 1.0.75; great program, great assistance.
Many thanks Cypheros
Rogopag ;D ;D

www.cypheros.de