Freebox HD recorder

Begonnen von holmes, Oktober 29, 2010, 11:16:33

« vorheriges - nächstes »

holmes

Hi,

I live in france and use the FREEBOX HD recorder provided by my internet provider (Free). The market share of this provider is very significant.
I can record a TV broadcast (in SD or HD), transfer it on my computer and transcode it (using Mediacoder).
There are always audio/video syncro problems that can be fixed (SD streams) provided that you fix the stream before transcoding.
For H264 streams, I am still looking for a solution. Many tools claim they can do it (VideoRedo, SmartCutter) but none seems to work with this Freebox-flavoured streams.
I was so far unsucessfull with TS-Doctor (after two attempst on two different files). One was treated and with errors signaled at the end of saving. The other one had "wrong PCR start". In both cases, there was syncro problems after transcoding.
Am I wrong in assuming TS-doctor can potentially adress this issue and correct the streams so that there is no more synchro problems? Would you be interested in getting stream samples to try to adapt TS-doctor to this recorder?

Many thanks,

Holmes

Cypheros

Hi,

you are right the TS-Doctor should fix all different flavors of recording boxes as long as they are using unencrypted transport stream format (DVB, ATSC or what ever).

I realy would appreciate if you could upload me some samples for investigating the format and try to find solution to fix this kind of recordings. The TS-Doctor should handle as much different boxes as possible. That's my goal.

I will send you FTP access information to upload one sample or more. There is a enough free disk space and you can upload with 16 Mbit/s

Thanks in advance
Cypheros

holmes

Hi,

I uploaded some samples for you. Please tell me if you can make something out of this.

Regards,

Holmes

holmes

Hi Cypheros,

I have used the trial version of TS Doctor during the last few weeks. Though I did not find any way to do what I originally wanted to do (transcoding without audio/video synchro problems), I ended up with using the TS Doctor cutting tool to remove commercials from my h264 TS files. It works rather good (though I wish the navigation menu system the stream would be more convenient). The automatic removal is terrific when it can be used (I wish all the TV channels use different coding for the movies and the commercials). So I decided to register and I 've just done it.
In the end, I get a TS file that I can play on my PC (latest VLC player) or on my HD recorder. So I am rather satisfied.
As I stated before, it is not possible to transcode the "fixed" stream without synchro issues. It would be perfect if you could find a way to correct this.

Best regards,

Holmes

Cypheros

Hi,

demuxing with audio resync is on the todo list. As I'm a single developer to enhance the software it will take some time to implement such a difficult feature.

www.cypheros.de