PES ERROR: SizeMismatch

Begonnen von eustonstreet, September 30, 2010, 12:50:23

« vorheriges - nächstes »

eustonstreet

Hi Cypheros, is it possible to fix or patch PES ERROR: SizeMismatch? I have a couple of BBC HD recordings that exhibit this problem, I think it's caused by a glitch in the DVB-S transmission. It's not a huge problem other than the audio goes out of sync after such an error.

The log file just contains this information:

$157D ; PES ; 00:41:13.990 ; PES ERROR: SizeMismatch
$157D ; PES ; 01:01:13.961 ; PES ERROR: SizeMismatch

I'd appreciate any advice you can give.

Ian

Cypheros

Hi Ian,

there is nothing you can do about it. PES size will be irgnored by any playback device I know. This kind of error message is more of warning that you have a recording that is not perfect. But it will work because the error is not fatal for the stream processing.
The TS-Doctor can only give out this warning but can't get you the lost data back. This is not possible, but you will be able to play it on most playback devices.

So just ignore this.

eustonstreet

Hi Cypheros, thanks for your response, I kind of guessed this was the case. The irritating thing is, if I make cuts at the beginning and end, and save the middle bit that rather unluckily but typically contains the PES ERROR it throws the audio out of sync (only after the error)  to all my playback devices which include a Popcorn Hour & Sumvision MKV player, and of course WMP 12 on my Win 7 PC. The only way I've found to fix this behaviour is to also cut a few seconds before and after the PES ERROR glitch and throw it away too. It's not a big deal and not really noticeable though.

Thanks for coming back to me on this.

Ian

Cypheros

Hi,

I have a Popcorn Hour A100 for playback. If I leave the stream in TS format I have not problems but a little glitch at the point where the PES error occures. Only if I try to make a MKV or another format from this unperfect recording a will get a audio video delay. This is because during the transfer into another format the exact timings of audio and video are not taken into account. A TS has many timers for permanent resynchronization because DVB/ATSC can have data lost and needs to resync audio to video now and then. The timers used for broadcasting are very precisely. So if you can leave the stream into TS format.

In the future I hope to enhance the technologie of the TS-Doctor into fixing such sync problems, too.

eustonstreet

Ah-ha, that would explain it as I am indeed converting to MKV. I will leave in TS format for now.

Thank you

Ian

www.cypheros.de