"PMT invalid or missing".

Begonnen von hydra3333, Dezember 26, 2023, 19:37:24

« vorheriges - nächstes »

hydra3333

Hello.

I use the VideoReDo program to fix corrupted over-the-air TV captures.
I invoke it from the commandline since I run fixes in a "batch" scheduled task.
Unfortunately, the author of that program has died and VideoReDo is no longer supported.

Someone suggested I consider using TSDOCTOR to fix corrupted over-the-air TV captures instead of VideoReDo.

So I downloaded the trial version and tried to open a file in the gui but it only gets to say "PMT invalid or missing" and stops there.  VideoReDo continues to fix it but TSDOCTOR seems not to do that.
Is there anything else I can do, or is TSDOCTOR not suitable for my purposes ?

Thanks.

hydra3333

Perhaps, you may consider getting some of the intellectual property from videoredo ?

Dan203 on https://www.reddit.com/r/videoredo/ may be able to assist.

Cypheros

Hi, TS-Doctor should be able to fix that. Maybe there is some strange problem, at the beginning of the file, TS-Doctor don't expects.
Try to open the recording via File/"Open trimmed". TS-Doctor will open the file but ignoring at short part of the beginning and the end. This often fixes such problems.

For a more specific solution we would need a short sample or the log details.

In case of an abort, the log will not be stored but you can make it visible. Under Settings/Preferences/General you can check the box "Show log window" and a new window will appear under the main form, showing the technical details of the file and the problems found. This log info would be helpful to see, why TS-Doctor not just creates it's own PMT.

hydra3333

Thanks !  I'll give it a try.

PS I hope that works with the commandline too somehow.  The manual seems to be somewhat brief around commandline stuff ;)

www.cypheros.de