bitrate matters

Begonnen von Oldman13, November 15, 2023, 08:58:49

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Oldman13

As usual I edited with TS Doctor a video file, recorded from satellite. Since the recording was rather long, I decided to split it in two parts with TS Doctor. When I added the durations of these parts, I came up precisely with the duration of the original file, which of course should be. However, when adding the file sizes I came out with a different value. Why is that? The answer is that data rates / bitrates were different for the original ts file and the two split parts. I never realized that TS Doctor has influence on that.

Mam

Zitat von: Oldman13 am November 15, 2023, 08:58:49he answer is that data rates / bitrates were different for the original ts file and the two split parts. I never realized that TS Doctor has influence on that.
TS Doc does not change anything to the bitrate.
What you see is just a difference in compression rates. Some scenes squeeze better than others so the bitrate looks like it would be less/fewer. Imagine a still standing pic, or the end titles with usually black background. They compress very well (if there is not a lot of noise in the pic) and seem to have a rate of almost 0.
So, it is illegal and not helpful trying to compare the two parts because they do not have the same content.

Oldman13

Thanks for info. In the picture you find the properties of the 3 files. Left is the original ts file,which was already edited by TS Doctor.

Cypheros

Use Tools/Expert Tools/TS Bandwidth-Meter to see how the bitrate is changing.

Oldman13

Thanks for the reaction. I tried to put in my reaction an image. I see that image if I am logged in, but I do not see it when I am only a visitor. Is that correct?

Cypheros

Yes, only forum members are allowed to see attachements.

www.cypheros.de