ABC HD I-frames not recognised

Begonnen von jaydear, Mai 01, 2022, 02:04:52

« vorheriges - nächstes »

jaydear

ABC HD ts files definitely have I-frames and IDR-frames but the cutting window is not showing either of them in the little I-frame indicator and it is not possible to jump to them. All other recordings from other DVB's I have checked do indicate I-frames and jump to them correctly in the cutting window.
The.Doctor is the ants' pants :)

Cypheros

Maybe they changed their video encoder to unusual settings. Could you offer a small sample (one minute or so)?

jaydear

Cypheros

Thanks for the sample. The first check shows indeed problems detecting all iframes. Will need some time to fix that.

jaydear

Any progress on this? You may be aware that VideoRedo is now kaput due to the death of the proprietor, so I'd like to be able to continue with TSD if at all possible  :'(

Cypheros

Sorry to hear that. I am working on a bigger update, that will include a better iframe detection.

ABC HD is adding a unregistered userdata packet to the video stream, that seams to cause the problem.
Du darfst in diesem Board keine Dateianhänge sehen.

jaydear

Thank you ;D  Maybe you should also prepare for a bunch of ex-VRD users looking for an alternative video editing program!

Cypheros

I guess, I can handle that  ;)
At the moment it seams, that all VRD users are able to use the software for the next month, as long as the activation servers are running.

With the TS-Doctor license file you will never have such a problem. There is no activation server and you will be able to use TS-Doctor, even if my company no longer exists.

Brainz

ABC TV in Australia include an second audio stream containing audio description for the hearing impaired.  This is encoded as AAC.

If you strip that stream out using the packet filter in the tools menu, TSD will jump to I-frames correctly.

I have been doing this since the second stream was added ages ago  It is a pain to have to do it to each .TS file individually but unless you can batch process using the packet filter we are stuck with it.

Hope this helps!

www.cypheros.de