How to install LAVLight?

Begonnen von CookieJones, Dezember 27, 2021, 20:47:27

« vorheriges - nächstes »

CookieJones

Hello.

I have not much video experience and just installed TS-Doctor 3 on Windows 10 x64.

The cutting tool works great, but now I need to join two ts files together (the first 10 minutes is in one file and last 50 minutes is in another file)  I understand this requires installing LAVLight, is that correct?  My problem is, I can't figure out how.

I found the LAVLight page (https://github.com/lightyear2000/LAVLight) but there's no installer. The ReadMe file says to 'Unpack' and 'Register (install_*.bat files)' which I don't understand.

Sorry for being so clueless, but can anyone tell me exactly what to download and how to install it?

p.s. TS Doctor is on a machine that has no internet, so I have to manually download things to a thumb drive and port it over.

Thanks for any help.
Windows 10 x64 20H2, TS-Doctor 3

Mam

first of all, you dont need LAVLight for your desired purpose. LAVlight are just video and audio filters that allow you to watch and hear a movie. They cannot join anything.

The real tool you need for this is "mkvtoolnix". But I'm afraid you need a lot of skill to use it.

Anyway in both cases we come back to your original question "how to install..." (both of them).

Simply open the doc, open the settings page and look for a tab that reads like "supported tools" (never seen the doc in english, so the text may vary).

There you will find tab for all the optional tools of the doc and each contains a button "Download..." (which also automatically installs this tool too).

After Installation of a tool the doc may ask for a reboot. So you may have to use this procedure several time until you have installed all the things you need.

(Hint at the end of the original Doc installation there is also an option to download and install them all, this runs in one pass because the doc is not running yet. But now its too late for that.)

Cypheros

LAVLight is not needed to merge files with the file merger.

CookieJones

Zitat von: Mam am Dezember 28, 2021, 07:15:03
first of all, you dont need LAVLight for your desired purpose. LAVlight are just video and audio filters that allow you to watch and hear a movie. They cannot join anything.

The real tool you need for this is "mkvtoolnix". But I'm afraid you need a lot of skill to use it. ...

Thank you very much.  I will try mkvtoolnix. (I don't have internet on that machine, but I did just find the download for mkvtoolnix which has an installer for Windows, so I will try that .)

CookieJones

Zitat von: Cypheros am Dezember 28, 2021, 10:55:31
LAVLight is not needed to merge files with the file merger.

I had tried using the file merger, but kept getting warnings - something about timer gaps - so I assumed it wasn't
working. But I just tried again, this time clicked "yes" to let it fix the timers, and it worked! 
Okay, thank you very much!  That solved my problem.

Cypheros

It's always a good idea to choose "Yes" if someone offers you to fix the problems for you ;-)

www.cypheros.de