How to remove a cutting area?

Begonnen von Oldman13, März 31, 2020, 10:26:58

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Oldman13

I do not understand how to remove a cutting area. After an advertisement search a number of cutting areas are shown, for instance 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. I see that number 3, given in red, is not an advertisement. I try to change red area 3 back to a green area. No success, while whatever I try, the green area between 2 and 3 becomes now red too.
Help appreciated.

Oldman13

smarjeta

Why not share the way then? I've been scratching my head with same thing. Usually I just end up increasing the cut area, not reducing that

Oldman13

Hi, I thought I was the only guy who did not understand the meaning of some symbols (2 plus signs, 1 minus sign) in the cutting pane. And still I do not grasp the philosophy behind some symbols. But removing a particular cut area (red) has now become clear to me. Just click on one of the appropriate pictures in the cutting list and then click on the trash symbol next to the +/- signs. That will remove the red area and allow a new selection.
Maybe some other guy may enlighten the use of both + and - signs. I see an effect, but do still not understand why I should use these.

Oldman13

My earlier reaction was not right. It removes all cutting areas, and that is generally not what you want.

Suppose you have several cutting areas and you want to delete a certain cutting area.
Press the switch button, left from the trash symbol. Then, red areas change to green and green areas to red.
Left click with mouse in the cutting list on the left picture of the area, to be removed: remove selected entry. The area to be removed becomes now red. Then, press again the switch button. Then, the area not to be cut has now turned green , and the other areas to be cut are still there.

smarjeta

I tried the flip switch (green to red and vice versa). Didn't figure out any use for that function.

But I managed to find a way to delete cutting area! Maybe not "official" way since it feels cumbersome, but it works.

• Go to start of wrong red area (right navigation with preview image
  • Mark it (pen icon with x)
  • Go to end of wrong red area
  • Mark it (pen icon with x)
  • Hit the larger+ sign below cutting line, above cancel button
and red should turn to green in that particular area!

www.cypheros.de