Cannot export DVBT Subtitles

Begonnen von piotr_kast, November 12, 2014, 00:27:27

« vorheriges - nächstes »

piotr_kast

I have a problem with decoding subtitles in Poland. I cannot extract any program subtitles from Dvbt stream from Poland. It supposed be on page 777 or 778 in teletext (and ts doctor is set to read subtitles from this pages). When I played this files inside prgram player they showed up. But when I use ts demuxer I got only empty es file (0 bytes lenght) no matter how I set program in preferences -> teletext. What's going on? Why I cannot extract subtitles?

Djfe

You need to fix the stream once
the Teletext settings are only meant for the fixing process (not demuxing sadly since the demuxing process makes use of a third-party tool: TSMuxer)
->the TS Doctor will extract them and place them and create an .srt file in the directory of the movie

the reason for that:
the TS Muxer that demuxes might be able to demux the teletext as a whole, but not just the subtitles
if the subtitles are DVB Subtitles (a stream different from the teletext that contains images of subtitles) then it should be able to extract them

Cypheros is working on a new feature at the moment so that you are able to use OCR to get an .srt file from those DVB Subtitles

if you want to edit/modify/convert those subtitles (.srt) you can use Subtitle Edit:
http://www.nikse.dk/subtitleedit/
it's an awesome open source tool that supports lots of subtitle formats

btw. if you want to play the Transportstream with the VLC Player, you shouldn't place the .srt file in the same folder as the movie or rename it somehow (so that it doesn't include the movie's name, -> remove the first letter for example)
it's an old nasty bug, VLC isn't able to play .srt subtitles in connection with Transportstreams but still autoloads them if they are in the same folder

Cypheros

I guess we are taking about teletext subtitles on page 777, 778. With this settings TS-Doctor will extract all found teletext subtitles into SRT-Format.
[attachimg=1]

Are you sure that the recording has subtitles in it? Here in Germany only some shows have subtitles, not all.
Could you post a log or send a short sample (10-20MByte) to support [et] cypheros.de ?

Djfe

He is from Poland and he only used the demuxer ;)

Cypheros

It works with "TS Demuxer", too  ;D
[attachimg=1]

There is one important step, make sure the file was fixed before using the demuxer!
Teletext often has a wrong PTS that needs to be fixed.
The file will be fixed by open the file (File/Open) and then press "Save new file".

piotr_kast

Thanks for info. Seems to be Polish television messnig around with subtitles in ts files. Finally I found where this subtitles are hidden and I was able to extract them. I am not interested in srt format. I want to preserve original subtitle bitmap format and I want to insert them into new mp4 files.

piotr_kast

Please add page 411 to list pages in Extract subtitles only from this page. This is messing around with subtitles in Polish TV which I mentioned earlier and please don't remove pages 777, 778 - propably DVBT from my country still uses this pages for subtitles.

Cypheros

You can add page 411 yourself to the list or uncheck that option to get all available subtitle pages.

piotr_kast

OK, I done what you suggested. But when I upgrage to new version, this page dissapear from program and again I must insert this page into program.

Cypheros

Have no idea how the settings vanish because the update doesn't change the settings in the registry. But to be sure, in the next version 411 is in the default range.

www.cypheros.de