Convert TS files with TS Converter to MP4

Begonnen von piotr_kast, September 07, 2014, 19:17:05

« vorheriges - nächstes »

piotr_kast

In Poland recently broadcasters often use E-AC3 type of audio streams. TS Converter can converts TS files with this type of audio to mp4 file format. But during this conversion left untouched audio stream E-AC3 in the mp4 container (mp4 files not recognized format E-AC3). Is this a possibility to change audio format E-AC3 during conversion TS to mp4 to something which format mp4 may play this converted files in ordinary mp4 players (and plays correctly converted audio stream)? Now it is silence because TS doctor convert only video stream, and doing direct copy audio stream to a new format (and of course when I played converted in this way wideo I can watch only wideo without any sound).

Djfe

you maybe need to reencode it to aac audio to make it compatible

you can use Vidcoder or Handbrake to do that

https://vidcoder.codeplex.com/

https://handbrake.fr/

Cypheros

ZitatNow it is silence because TS doctor convert only video stream, and doing direct copy audio stream to a new format

No, TS-Doctor is only converting the container format. There is no video conversion from H264 to mp4 or audio conversion from E-AC3 to mp4, just the container is converted from ts to mp4.

As Djfe stated, use a transcoder to convert the elementary streams.

piotr_kast

I do exactly what djfe suggested.

My procedure is:
1. Cut interesting part of ts file to a new stream (I left only one audio stream in a new stream).
2. Use TS Demuxer to Demux H264 Stream.
3. Use TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works to Demux only E-AC3 stream to MPEG Layer II stream.
4. Mux it in TS stream in tsMuxer
5. Finally convert TS file from step 4 to mp4 format.

I asked Cypheros about this, because I thought that function will be usefull in that program.  :(

Djfe

I don't think it possible to remux E-AC3 to MP2

but if you want to keep the video stream and only reencode the audio stream then you can use FFMPEG to do that ;)

Cypheros

This is called transcoding and will be supported in a future (not this year) version of TS-Doctor.

www.cypheros.de