DVB Teletext subtitles flashes on screen for less than a second

Begonnen von sporty, September 09, 2013, 22:23:14

« vorheriges - nächstes »

sporty

Hello,

I have been "scratching my head" for the last week and I am at a lost to sort my big problem  (Probably a small problem to you geniuses   :D ).

I have a Skybox F5 which is capable of PVR recording video streams and almost every channel works perfect but only three channels, perhaps more, that streams from the same broadcaster have not correctly broadcasted the subtitles which is in teletext. The problem is, subtitles does appear to come on screen but only for stay on for milliseconds at a time.

So I record the show and then I tried to use the VLC player to play the recording, and no subtitle is showing on screen even though the option for "teletext subtitle eng" is there.

I have tried to use the TS-Doctor (the latest build) but it doesn't solve/fix the problem! Also this program cannot export the srt file after processing. Just to test if the does work, I used a known working video from another channel that produced a valid srt file from this program.

Am I able to fix this teletext subtitle problem using a simple program such as this  program? Or must I have to use project-x to strip the subtitles then use a video converter to convert

I am deaf and I rely on subtitles to enjoy watching programs.

I hope someone can help me  :'(

Cypheros

TS-Doctor is trying to be an universal tool for digital broadcasts all over the world but that's a big challange and that's the reason why the application is updated so often.

Hi, would like to help you but I would need a sample to analyse the teletext stream. Maybe you could email me a short sample (10-20 MBytes)?
I will keep the private.
Or it it a free accessable source like BBC One where I could do my own recordings?

Email: support(at)cypheros.de

sporty

www.cypheros.de