Only four audio-tracks visible in GUI

Begonnen von Amska, Juli 04, 2013, 03:08:41

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Amska

When I use TS-Doctor to open a ts-file with five audio tracks, only the first four are shown in the GUI. :( The first four are MPEG-audio and the fifth is AC3-audio and is not shown. If I set TS-Doctor to automatically cut the recording using AC3 mode, it will not do so for these files. I have checked the files and the format of the AC3-track changes between 5.1 surround and stereo as it should. I have tested with several recordings from multiple TV-channels which also have the AC3-audio as the fifth track and the AC3-track is hidden on all of them. With recordings from other TV-channels with fewer audio-tracks, everything works as expected. I then used TS-Doctor to remove one of the MPEG-tracks, and then the AC3-track finally showed up as the fourth track in the new ts-file when I opened it in TS-Doctor. And then the auto cut using AC3 mode also worked! :) So am I doing something wrong, is this a bug or does TS-Doctor not support more than four audio-tracks?

Cypheros

Yes, the TS-Doctor supports only 4 audio tracks. What channel has more than 4 audio tracks?

Amska

Scandinavian movie channels C More (0.8W) and Viasat Film (4.8E) (in some of their variations) have MPEG tracks for the scandinavian languages and AC3 for the original language (although they are all in the original language for everything except movies for children). None of them have more than five tracks though. I don't need the track to be visible in the GUI, but it would be very nice if the auto cut in AC3 mode would work for recordings where the AC3-track is not among the first four. :)

Cypheros

OK, I will try to add support for more than 4 audio tracks. In the meantime, you could use the TS Packet Filter (Expert tools) to remove unwanted audio streams.

Amska

Excellent! :D And thank you for the tip!

www.cypheros.de