Miscellaneous questions

Begonnen von kurosu, Mai 01, 2013, 09:04:31

« vorheriges - nächstes »

kurosu

Hi, I have some questions for th author:
1) would it be possible to have a "quick reload" option (implying reapply cuts)?
Sometimes I record several shows in one go, and need to split the big resulting file. Unfortunately, tsdoctor needs to reparse the file after each saving, which can be slow from an USB2 drive. This is strange, because temporary files seem to be created (hence the warning when tsdoctor is restarted after a crash for whatever reason).

2) frame accurracy
ffdshow/matroska splitter seem to do a bad job, and I usually go for the libav filters which are almost perfect. However, on some occasions, despite the cut being exactly on an intra frame, the output file shows glitches on the start. I know some intra frames may not be IDR ones (and thus the following frames may not be correctly decoded if frames before it are missing), but this is strange. If the cut instead needs to be done on a non-intra frame, somehow, the output file often does not have glitches, which is strange

3) audio language
I'm recording ArteHD (french/german channel), and all audio streams are marked as german. Is this an issue of the recording, or is it a default choice because the information is missing (my recorded files seem not to have PAT/PMT)? Because otherwise, it could save a few seconds to be able to change this default value :)

4) processing window
it is very small, cannot be resized, and display it seems logarithmic scale. Would it be possible to have it bigger/display more info? Like currently written data for each stream, their warning/error counts/...

5) advertisement detection and removal
This seems to never detect anything for me, which is a pity, but probably unavoidable (as it seems there are no A/R or audio change). I'm not sure if you or anyone have any experience with French TNTHD streams like Cherie25, RMC Découverte, M6ter or numéro 23, but it would be interesting to know if I am alone here.

But overall, I am very satisfied with this program and very happy of the "bang for the buck" ratio!

Mam

Zitat von: kurosu am Mai 01, 2013, 09:04:31
3) audio language
I'm recording ArteHD (french/german channel), and all audio streams are marked as german. Is this an issue of the recording, or is it a default choice because the information is missing (my recorded files seem not to have PAT/PMT)? Because otherwise, it could save a few seconds to be able to change this default value :)

I'm not the author, but maybe i can throw in my 2cents about ArteHD  ;D
You dont tell us if you record from cable or from satelite, but if you are on sat, you have a good chance with ArteHD.
It seems that you are recording Arte from the french bouquet. There (like all other french channels that you meantion) Arte is crypted and also a bit crippled. Scan around in your channel list, you will find another "arte HD" (watch the upper/lower case of the name!). This is the german one, uncrypted and full size. Here you will get 3 audios, 1=german Mpeg, 2=french Mpeg, 3=german dolby + 2 dvb text streams (german+french) + german teletext
Dont worry about the so far "german" teletext, it will contain french subs on pages 152 (descriptive) and 888 (normal) + german subs on page 151 (only on rare occasions).
There is only a very small drawback for french viewers (or, maybe it is "normal" I dont know because I cant watch the crypted french stuff): on some movies the normally "french" audio channel will contain "german audio for visibly limited people" (also called "narrative audio" on BBC and so).
But this is really rare and happens only to older hollywood movies.
Also (!) this usually only happens ONCE per movie, the reruns will have normal french audio instead again. So sometimes you need to record the movie twice to get the correct audio language.

You will find "arte HD" on Astra 19,2° at 11494 Mhz, horizontal, 22000 sym, FEC 2/3

kurosu

Zitat von: Mam am Mai 01, 2013, 11:18:39Also (!) this usually only happens ONCE per movie, the reruns will have normal french audio instead again. So sometimes you need to record the movie twice to get the correct audio language.

Thanks for the info (didn't check about reruns), though I'm recording TNT (aka DVB-T/DTT) as I mentioned, which is terrestrial and not crypted (only a few channels are, but they are whatever the broadcasting mean).

One weird thing for some channels is that they have up to 3 audio streams, but sometimes the 3 are actually the same content (not even EAC3 vs MP2 audio).

Mam

Zitat von: kurosu am Mai 01, 2013, 12:10:13
TNT (aka DVB-T/DTT) as I mentioned

Sorry, I did not know that it was DVB-T, therefore, forget everything that I have said :-)
Also, I'm afraid, nobody can help you here, because the DVB-T signal is created locally. This means, it can contain different stuff in almost every town. They remux everything, leave out stuff (because the limited bandwidth) and squeeze everything together.
I have been fooled by "HD", there is no HD on DVB-T yet (at least here in Germany), they dont even think that it ever will be, its more likely that DVB-T will be shut down and turned off completly. Too limited and too expensive to run.

Maybe you should consider to get and run a dish instead...
8)

Cypheros

1) On the lower left side of the cutting window you will find a button to separate cutting areas to different files.
[attachimg=1]

2) This depends on the decoder used for playback. Some show this glitches, some not or barely noticeable. This issue is still under investigation but at the moment we have no way to avoid it completely.

3) I'll try to realize such a setting in a future version

4) Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to enhance the progess window but I have to consider the performance impact. 

5) Have a original TNTSat card here but with a very limited number of channels due to the changes TNTSat did on the HD channels. If your receiver is recording not only the audio and video streams but the teletext and EPG/EIT too, the TS-Doctor can use this informations to display the positions of the shows in recording file to help with the cutting:
[attachimg=2]

kurosu

Zitat von: Cypheros am Mai 01, 2013, 16:03:54
1) On the lower left side of the cutting window you will find a button to separate cutting areas to different files.
[attachimg=1]
Oh ok, nice. Not exactly what I expected, but this is good enough.

Zitat4) Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to enhance the progess window but I have to consider the performance impact.
The performance issue is the graph plotting I imagine? I'd thought that text display/labels for the other information (updated eg every 2s/10MB) would be less costly. But anyway, just a fancy thing, not something of real importance.

Zitat5) Have a original TNTSat card here but with a very limited number of channels due to the changes TNTSat did on the HD channels. If your receiver is recording not only the audio and video streams but the teletext and EPG/EIT too, the TS-Doctor can use this informations to display the positions of the shows in recording file to help with the cutting:
[attachimg=2]
Unfortunately, it does not. By the way, this is a cheap chinese device based on AMLogic platform (AML8726Mx) which also provide DVB recording. It may become more frequent in the future.

It writes an .amrec file which is basically a ts file (without PMT/...), and this kind of additional info in an .amri file:
ARTE HD

DVBRecordFiles/REC_20130501_1241047070.amrec
730 731 732 733
0 0 0 0
fra qaa deu qad
740 741 742
20 20 36
3 1 2
1 1 1
fra ger fra

I think the DVBRecordFiles/ part is useless, because this is just the full path on the drive, but the .amrec file is just alongside the .amri file.

I don't know whether you know that file format. I can only see the PID, but nothing more. I think the first PID is video, the following are audio and the other are DVB subs. For your information, anyway, and thanks for the reply.

kurosu

Zitat von: kurosu am Mai 01, 2013, 18:05:22
Zitat von: Cypheros am Mai 01, 2013, 16:03:54
[attachimg=1]
Oh ok, nice. Not exactly what I expected, but this is good enough.

Actually, not. Imagine you are unsatisfied of the resulting cut (eg because of 2.), or you used the wrong audio track, or forgot one, or... To slightly modify the cut, you need to go through all that reloading...

Cypheros

The TS-Doctor remembers the last cuts and if you open the file a second time it will reload the cuts. But there is a bug in the current version and the reload is not working correcly. Wait for the next update or use the current Beta 1.2.80 to have this feature.

Or you can save the cut list to file (on the right lower side of the cutting window) and load the list if you want. 

www.cypheros.de