Language editor for other languages

Begonnen von zeros, März 02, 2013, 08:38:08

« vorheriges - nächstes »

zeros

I am willing to help with the Estonian language (with the help of our fans). How to proceed?
Thanks in advanced for supporting the language.
Dreambox DM920 UHD, Lunix3-4K, QboxHD, Qbox Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB / Sony KDL-46W 905A / Rega BRIO-R 600 & NAD C 320BEE / Oppo BDP-105D, RX Post Production Suite 7.

Cypheros

Here a short description of the included language editor.

You can find the language editor in the menu under Settings/Preferences/Language:

If you open the language editor, you have to select first the reference language. This is the language you want to use as the reference for you translation. All the text lines you'll have to translate are shown in the selected reference language. I guess in your case English is best decision.

Then select the target language Estonian:

You will get a message, that this language file doesn't exists yet and you are asked if want to create it. Choose "Yes" and the TS-Doctor will create a new language file for your language, in which all the translated text lines are stored.

Now you are ready to start you hard work (there are many lines to translate).

In the upper half of the form you can select a text line in the reference language:

In the lower half you can enter the translated text:

Then you can select the next text block.
If you are ready or want to save your work, just press the OK button and your work is stored in the language file. The next time you'll open the language editor and select Estonian, your new translation file will be loaded and you can continue your work on the language file.

You also can select "Estonian" as your GUI language and see your translation in action. All the part you have not translated are shown in the reference language.

If you are ready with the translation, you can send me the language file Tsd25.lng  that you can find under "C:\ProgramData\Cypheros\TsDoctor\Languages":

With the buttons in the language editor you can export the language file to csv format or import csv files. But be aware of possible csv format problems (Unicode, Ansi, ASCII) with different csv editors like OpenOffce, Excel,etc. The TS-Doctor uses Unicode (16) by default.

The advantage of the cvs table is, that it can be splitted into multiple parts and you can import such a part independently from the other parts.

zeros

Thanks, I'll get to deal with it. I can not allow the schedule as doing this as a hobby.
Dreambox DM920 UHD, Lunix3-4K, QboxHD, Qbox Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB / Sony KDL-46W 905A / Rega BRIO-R 600 & NAD C 320BEE / Oppo BDP-105D, RX Post Production Suite 7.

zeros

Hi!
Part of the Estonian translation I will finish at the end of June.

You can count on it!  :)

Z

Cypheros

Thank you very much for your support  :D

zeros

Improved Estonian translation (we will finish at the end of June hopefully).

Cypheros

zeros

Hi!
Much much improved Estonian translation (unfortunately, it is not yet fully ready and I will continue).

I would say thankyou to friends from digi-tv.ee forum, especially to faas, valgekotkas and Henkka

Z

Cypheros

Thanks, I will include it in the next version.

zeros

Hi!
I noticed that in order to update the language to be effective, I must first delete the file Tsd25.lng from "C:\ProgramData\Cypheros\TsDoctor\Languages"
If I do not do that, then the language will not be effective upgrade.
Maybe you should add with the language renewal the overwrite that file?
If the user does not know that language is updated, it does not update the previous version of the stuff, even though you have a new version.
I noticed that with my other computer editing.
I hope that my idea is clear.

Thanks

Z

Cypheros

Tsd25.lng was not included before 1.2.84, so for 1.2.83 and older versions the uninstall that is performed during the update, will no remove an existing Tsd25.lng file. If you update to next version 1.2.85, the Tsd25.lng will be updated.

zeros

zeros

Cypheros

zeros

Cypheros_Eesti_03.07.2013.csv

Disk Tool
Prepare patching
->
improved translation. I'll do one more update on Friday and then should be a longer break and I will do other activities.
I think the translation is pretty good, better than I expected  ;D

www.cypheros.de