First frame entry

Begonnen von Revids, Januar 03, 2013, 23:00:53

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Revids

Hello.

I am using TS doctor for some time already and I want to thank you for this easy to use and simple tool. I do record my films on a HUMAX receiver, repair them if needed (mostly always there are some errors) and cut the beginning and end plus commercials, save to disk archive. Now the question, I could not find it in the forum so far:
When I go to "prepare cutting" section, normally the pointer is at the beginning of the film. I mark this point as starting point for cutting, then search for the place where the film starts and mark it as an end point, press the cut button. In this moment always (since some version, it was not so when I started using the program) the selected area is being cut, but an entry is created containing just the first frame, the pointer was at the beginning. I always need manually remove the first entry. Another solution is move the pointer right and again back to the starting point before marking it as a cutting start. It is maybe not a big issue but still annoying.

Another one with the previous version (I just downloaded the latest so nno clue if this is repaired) is that the program quite often hangs on a given movie while doing the cutting or asks to reinstal the Haali Media splitter. The walkaround is to repair the movie without cutting and do the cutting on the repaired movie again. But this only after restarting the TS Doctor if the Haali message pops out. Again, very annoying. It got much much more often in the version I was recently using than before. If needed I can send the videos that are causing this problem.

Regards

Cypheros

New Beta 1.2.59 addresses your cutting problems for the beginning and the end of the movie. No additional cutting area will be created if you just crop the beginning or the end of the movie.

The second problem is not easy to analyse without a sample. I could offer a FTP server to upload a bigger sample file.

Revids

Thanks for the info. I will look for the 2.59 version. I did yesterday some repairs and indeed, the movies that were hanging TS before still do with the 2.57 version. I can upload on an ftp for further evaluation.

www.cypheros.de