+/- 1 Frame buttons: any way to get them to work correctly?

Begonnen von DragonQ, März 10, 2012, 00:07:35

« vorheriges - nächstes »

DragonQ

Firstly, I'd like to say thanks for this software. Bought it today after a very successful trial. :D

I am wondering how the "+/- 1 Frame" buttons in the editing window are supposed to work? Right now, if I press "+ 1 Frame", the video usually skips backwards a couple of frames. Then if I keep pressing it, every 4-8 button presses results in the the video jumping forward a few frames. It's not possible to actually jump forward a single frame using these buttons, at least not for me.

I am thinking that maybe these "+/- 1 Frame" buttons only work for key/I frames? It'd be nice if they worked for all frames. My current settings are:

Video Filter: LAV Filters
Audio Filter: ffdshow tryouts
Video Renderer: EVR
MPEG Splitter: Automatic

Thanks for any help!

Cypheros

With this settings the LAV 0.48 filters working good for SDTV and HDTV.
[attachimg=1]

DragonQ

Ah, turns out TS-Doctor wasn't using LAV Video Decoder after all. It doesn't actually appear in the list of decoders available but I increased its merit and now it's being used. This appears to have mostly fixed the problem.

However, even with LAV Video Decoder and the same options as you, I can only skip forward/backwards two frames at a time (pressing the button once does nothing, pressing it twice jumps frames). It looks like the video is being deinterlaced from 1080i/25 to 25p, even though LAV is set to deinterlace to 50p.

Cypheros

Hi, LAV filters are not supported in the filter list of the release version 1.1.46. It's a feature of the new version 1.2 that will be released soon. At the moment only a beta version of the 1.2 is available.

If you playback a 25i video with 50 frames the frames will be doubled. That could be the reason for the two frame jumps needed to see the picture changing.

www.cypheros.de