a little math

Begonnen von tw0face, September 25, 2011, 23:16:42

« vorheriges - nächstes »

tw0face

hi

i hope this is the right place to ask this question..i was using the trial of ts-doctor recently to check some files
and this is what i noticed in the log file

for example
TS  WARNING: For PID 0021 $02A42EC5: Paket discontinuity 7,9

then i tried eac3to which apart from demuxing also checks the stream for errors..and it also showed some packet discontinuity, but it also told me exact time in file where i can check the error
for example 00:26:48.123 (hh:mm:ss)

but sadly, eac3to cannot cut files..

finaly to my question
how does one compute/convert/whatever the time of that packet discontinuity, is it possible from the $02A42EC5 number, or somehow? please let me know

Cypheros

Hi,

you are right. It's not very helpfull for people don't know what that means. But to be honest, most user don't read the log. Packet discontinuety don't mean that it will have visible errors, so it's only handled as a warning, nothing more. If you need the exact playback time I can implement this.

tw0face

maybe it not always visible, but this time it is :) hehe

but im a curious person and i would be more interested in the way how to compute it myself :)
..but u can implement it too :) but explaining how to compute it myself is enough for me so far :) please

tw0face

nobody knows? cmoooon please :)

Derrick

..how about calculating the difference of the system time (pcr) or time stamps?  8)

tw0face

TS  WARNING: For PID 0021 $02A42EC5: Paket discontinuity 7,9

well this is the line from log..where is pcr in that?

Cypheros

Hi, it's a little bit complicated. The next Beta 1.1.33 will give you the exact PCR of the moment this kind of errors happening.

www.cypheros.de